Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

TSC2 Battery Life

Recently our TSC2 data collector has failed to take a full charge. We shut down controller mode & even do the shutdown that appears after 3 seconds into rebooting (holding down power button for 5 seconds), & even removed the battery for charging (suspecting some program may still be running), & tried 3 different chargers & swapped batteries with 2 other identical collectors but  cant get a consistent full charge.Has anyone else had (and hopefully solved) this problem?

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor

The TSC2 I don't believe is supported anymore through Trimble, so you may have a hard time replacing the battery.   May have to upgrade to a TSC3 or they now have a TSC7, just came out.  Batteries are batteries.  You have to replace those quite often.  Some even new ones are better than others.  Just replace the battery if you can find one.  Contact Vectors, Inc. in Denver

• Land Surveyor

Hi mate. Trimble is phasing out TCS2 with TCS3. Had the same problem as well, tried a new battery but still could not go on. Then I started having software problems and what not. Get a TCS3 instead and you will be home and dry.

• Land Surveyor

I'd re-cell the battery. Battery Source was able to do this for me when I lived in Georgia.

• Try taking it to an Interstate Battery store.  They can check it and possibly re-build it.  If they can't, look up Coastal Instrument & Supply in Florida - 800-562-8626.  They specialize in rebuilding survey instrument battery packs and they do fast turn-around.  I've used them a few times.  Good Luck

• Land Surveyor
    They do become completely inert. We have two dead. I have looked fairly extensively for replacements and have not found anything. Please let us know if you find anything. Otherwise it's recycle and purchase a new data collector.
  • Land Surveyor

How old is the battery? Sounds like it is just getting worn out. Avg. recharges is around 700 before they start degrading.

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives