Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

Hello

This is my first time posting on this forum, wish i would had found it sooner! Looking forward to contributing and learning.

Basically im a graduate site engineer looking after a piling job, I have been using TBC to generate setting out information for staking on site from the design. I need to be producing ongoing As-builts to submit to the client as pile driving progresses to prove that we are within spec.

I intend to record co-ordinates and import them into TBC, I have a file created with the setting out information and I want to have one master file with the As-built data on a different layer. Currently when I import the "as-built" points they are just in the "points" drop down. Is there anyway to separate the points out into different classes such as design, staked, as-built, existing ground levels, ect?

I might be worth saying I am using a Lecia CS15 so am limited to ID,E,N,Elv,Code imported from CSV.

Hope someone can help!

Sam

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor

i been working with Carlson software and it´s awesome to divide in layers and to work as-built, if you work a lot that way i strongly recomend the software, you can give it a try for free in the carlson page try field to finish, but your points have to be coddified, but doing that is easy, a quick read of carlson manual will give you a lot of information, the best of luck¡¡¡

• Land Surveyor

I would like to have a look at Carlson however it is just another thing to get my head around, plus it is very expensive (not that TBC is not). If I get a change I will have a play, cheers !

• Not a Surveyor

Sorry Sam

Working on Model Maker. It is difficult enough to work on this one only, TBC not my strong point. All the best!

• Sam - I found the best efforts were to build a codes list with line attributes, following the Intl. CADD standards in doing so provides the adaptability needed in multiple layering and drafting/design needs. It truly depends on the deliverable.

• Land Surveyor

By this do you mean use the feature code attributes to distinguish the points and make it easier to separate them into layers later? For example for as-built positions: PCL-Pile centre line or T.O.P-Top of pile? thanks

• Land Surveyor

In TBC one may also create and modiify layers and by editing the properties of points determine which layers they are located.

TBC can also import RW5 format, if that helps.

JAC

• Land Surveyor

Amazing! thank-you very much that did the job! Please excuse my ignorance but what is a RW5 file and can Viva export them?

• Land Surveyor
    It does a great job of making surfaces! Wish I was using a tsc3 again, a CS15 is slow and doesn't handle DTMs very efficiently. Thanks anyway
  • Land Surveyor
    Sorry Sam, I used tbc for the 1st time this evening and that was only because I needed to create a dtm for my patio to upload on to the tsc3!... We use N4ce I'm afraid. Best of luck
This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives