Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

hi I have 2 Trimble 4800 that I've never used but now I saw a post that they are outdated so I did some research and found a way to still use them but I need to convert the Files from .R00 to .DAT I was trying with runpkr00 but I so far have had no luck does anyone know how to get that working 

PS I always use an R8 and I just want to get that 4800 working some way to maybe sell it or something 

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Command is runpkr00 -d filename.too result must be dat file.

if you want rinex file use teqc with command teqc pathDatFile > RINEXname.txt

That's all

• thanks and I dont know why that command did not work but runpkr00 -dv filename 

did work but thanks a lot 

• run command prompt like administrator and after that use command runpkr00

copy command prompt error and send me

• Student Surveyor

Have you tried Trimble's free Data Transfer Utility?  If you can't connect directly to the 4800, you could copy the R00 file from the card to a specific folder then, in the Utility, set up a new "Device" based on the 'General Survey Data Card' device -> select the instrument file folder as its' location, give it a custom device name and connect to it.

When you Add files, it will look in that folder, where you can tell it to look for "4000 Series Receiver Files".

I can't test it (don't have a 4800), but if you can load it this utility will covert to Trimble .DAT

• thanks for the time to reply I already solved it and now to work on some scan files 

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives