Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

Hi,

I have several surveying equipment and I am looking to install a tracking devise to monitoring their location. 

These are Leca TS09 and TS16.

Anybody have something similar or share their idea or a product?

Thanks! 

Christian  

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor

Oops ... I mis-confused your request about monitoring ! So you are looking for a tracking system ? Topcon is doing so and also Trimble ... so Leica will follow and it would cost 50$ to install a chipset GNSS receiver and transfer the data to a security centre. Probably the nicer idea would be to install it on the handler on the top of the instruments assuming the bad people will ignore that ... if you are interested, we can also develop such tracking system !!!

• Land Surveyor

Dear Christian, I wrote several software for handling Leica Total Station so if needed do not hesitate to contact me while GeoMoS will do the job but it's rather expensive and probably not as appropriated for your applications ?

• Land Surveyor
    Hi Christian,

I think that the people at Leica Will be able tot install some sort of GPS tracker in to your Total stations.

Regards,
    Lars
    • Land Surveyor

Hi Lars, 

Thanks for your time. 

I spoke with them already and they offered 'Alarm' app for TS16....

• I'm currently looking to buy a Leica TS16 and am disappointed to find they have still have no tracking solution.

Apparently they do have it in mind and are looking to integrate a tracker on to one of the circuit boards, but when it will appear and whether it will be an available upgrade I have no idea.

They need to get a move on, PIN code protection hasn't worked because few people use them.  Topcon and Trimble are leading the way and there has to be a point where people stop buying Leica because of this.

I have heard of people putting gps trackers in the instrument box, doesn't help if the instrument is stolen whilst on the tripod though. Perhaps a dummy second keyboard would have enough space for a tracker??

• Land Surveyor

Hi Patrick,

I agree with you that nowadays, such expensive instruments needs production not just for stolen devise but also monitoring the daily actives of land surveyors onsite to avoid the abuse at work and this kind of staff.  

I spoke with Leica, and they offered Alarm for TS16 but its not that useful in my opinion

Thanks for your time patrick. 

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives