Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Replies

• Land Surveyor

Hello everyone there.

I bought one, model LTS-205N.

I've been using it for about two months in not hard conditions, just surveying small urban parcels and some rural properties.

What I have to tell by now?
    1 - This week I sent it to local support - It was not operating well, its level wasn't accurate, it's compensator seems not to be good. Maybe its defective, maybe it just isn't a good machine. It's early to tell you.
    - I particularly am so careful with the equipment, I am suspicious minded the quality of the equipment is not that good.

2 - The Linertec Online Customer Support: It seems not to exist once you send them messages and after months it returns nothing, just the automated message telling you it was received, not even describing they will answer you.
    - April, 2018: I sent a message asking for the operators manual to operate a rented Linertec LTS-205N. The automated message indicated it war the message #44 they received. - Result? No answer.
    -July, 2018: today I sent other, telling about the problems I'm facing and suggesting them to get it back to certify it do not happen with others, as it's a new brand on the market.

I hope it helps others to know more about Linertec Total Stations and if you have been using this brand, please, let your opinion here.

Thank you! Regards.
    Francisco Witt,

from Witt ServiƧos TopogrƔficos - BR

• GEO Ambassador

its pretty difficult to compare total stations by manufacturer alone.. are you using this new Linertec? Ā Are you considering buying one? Ā Need a manual?

• I'm just curious. They are being sold here in Brazil recently, representatives of PENTAX. I know it's dificel make the comparison. I wonder if the Topcon and Sokkia, operators are satisfied with LINERTEC. And what other brand like it is.

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

šŸŒ Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives