Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Land Surveyor

On the TCR1200 when I measure a tree I normally measure the distance next to the tree then I position the horizontal angle in front of the tree before recording the right position.

How can I do the same, but change the vertical angle, because it locks the vertical angle after I measure the distance, so you cant change it, I was wondering if there is a way to change the setting on the instrument to allow me to do that?

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• FROM MAIN MENU GO TO 5:CONFIGURATION > 3:GENERAL SETTINGS 3:UNITS & FORMATS & UNDER ANGLE TAB CHANGE V-ANGLE FROM "HOLD AFTER DISTANCE" TO "RUNNING"

HOPE THIS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEMĀ 

• Land Surveyor

Thanks Sarfraz!, you hit the nail on the head! It is exactly what I was looking for.

• Hello Sarfraz, I don't have a manual to this TS . I asked Maciek was this aĀ  reason, a mode or normal settings or reason this happens, or a error. Why would you want this to happen for a program to hold yourĀ  V or Z angle after the shot. what is the purpose of this setting. Please tell me, then i will make up my mine if this is a light bulb moment or not.I will get this manual.Yea when all else fails this confi. menu hold the keys to unlock all the doors.

• Land Surveyor

Its probably to keep the height and to make sure you don't change the height by mistake when changing the Hz Angle I think. Its a default setting

• Land Surveyor

I'm on holiday now, but this looks promising and I will try it when I'm united with my instruments, thanks!

• Your not using any data collector, mine lets me reverse this order, angle on the tree is center angleĀ  then shoot the dists beside the tree and it records this angle in side shots also my program is called Horiz, angle offset it will work in any order, side shot first then center angle. or center angle then side shot no elev is recorded on center angle the sides record the elevation, this is in my collector. or do you use a collector. But what is the reason it locks up and what do you mean fiscal or electronic. Is this normal for this gun , never in my life.

• Land Surveyor

Im using the on board instrument 'survey' software, i meant it locks electronically the vertical angle, so if I measure a slope distance at a 90 degree angle on a point, then I turn the vertical screw up by any amount the slope and vertical angle will stay the same, in the TCR1000 it has some function that allows it to change the slope distance and V angle after measuring only once.

• Hello maciek, the reason i ask i am not familiar with this TSĀ  and my friend Maurice answered with a N, he may know a lot about this gun . I have work on a lot of Leica'sĀ  and i have never heard of this this, is this normal,if it is its a new one for me,Ā  but in surveying you never know . i stay away from on board. if that what you use it works that why they call it a total station . I am one of those TDS guy's .I started using there soft ware in HP 48gx and SMI soft ware also.

If you know who SMI is or was, and i have stuck with TDS every since. I have a TDS Recon Survey pro, my program is the same as survey pro for ranger. i also still have 2 Tds pro on two hp 48gx with 1 mb ram cards and 2 Smi survey collector cards and ram cardsĀ  and one of them is construction 5 and they all workĀ  and in like new condition. I own 5 HP 48gx calculators, 1 HP 50g, 2 HP 41cx with survey pac'sĀ  1 ASTRO pac, 1 HP 35s,Ā  2 HP 33s, and 1 HP 33E and now I want to buy the new HP prime. I have Jacob walls survey softwareĀ  cogo+lt on my HP 50g and i write my own survey programs RPN and RPL logic . I am now learning the new HP PPL language but only begun on it. and I am Retired !!! Let me know if there is anything i can help you with. Leica is a good product.

• Seeking Employment

n

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

šŸŒ Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives