Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

hello everyone- looking to change my cad program and looking for some feed back on the p.c. survey cad - Thanks Nick

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't know much about PC Survey but it seems to be a good program. I favor programs/software that you can own & if I have my druthers, anything that runs on any OS except windows. They pretty much have the market cornered but that is slowly changing. Windows is great for surfing the information spyway or if you want to play games & keep up with your high school classmates but it is a pain for scientific applications. I have been drawing plats & using CAD long before the web existed. It is great for communication but it is a pain for technical computations. Everytime I download coordinate data, the computer wants to know if I want to "save the pictures". So far I have avoided the over priced, over rated CAD program that was designed to make you keep paying for upgrades that do nothing but cost money. I plan to keep it that way. I would be much more inclined to buy PC Survey if they had a version that would run on Linux or Unix.

• Land Surveyor
    I have used it for 20 years and it's my go to cogo program. I export to AutoCad for
    my clients needing that deliverable.
    Once in AutoCad the line work requires a lot of editing. I really like the legal writer for my legals.
  • Land Surveyor

Looks like an affordable CAD package for surveying with everything a surveyor needs and nothing more. Are there any downsides?

• Land Surveyor

I have used it for 14 years.....also have ACAD 2007....and learned CAD on ACAD 12....PC Survey is very survey friendly and once you learn all the shortcuts you will wonder why you never had it before now....

• Land Surveyor

Its what I used most for my calculations in the office.  Autocad was always so much more than a land surveying program.  The version i used had a few glitches that have probably been worked out by now.  I had someone hold my hand for a few hours to get to know the basics and then it was fairly straightforward with a decent owner's manual.  I don't feel like its plat-making capabilities, as far as the graphics printed out, were nearly as 'professional-looking' as Autocad.  I mainly made my drawings to be platted out by a full time draftsman via Autocad.  I may have only used a fraction of all its capabilities.  I would recommend it for sure as far as price and reliability.  

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives