Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

moving to Civil 2010

there seems to be compatibility issuses with moving to 2010, as in the objects from Civil are no longer Civil objects if you try to save them as a 2007 file... I was wondering what thoughts people were having about making this change...

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• it took me 6 months to figure out civil 3d 2011 from land desktop 2009, and still figuring, i started with alignments, then profiles, then corridors, its good i'm happy with it. seldomly use my friend LDTC 2009 now.
    • thanks for the good thoughts.. I'm moving in a similar direction myself... but I still find myself wondering where the heck did they hide that
  • Civil 3D 2010 is pretty solid, however 2011 is even better.. why going to 2010 and not 2011? Also for those that need some help and support check out the virtual books available the are very affordable and are full of knowledge and best practices. www.apw-cts.com

There is a lot Civil 3D can do, if you setup and configure it properly, and establish a good working process it will provide fr a much smoother transition.
    • Michael, I started this discussion a long time ago.. when I first saw the new interface.. ie the change GUI from 2009 to 2010.. and you are very right about 2011 they have worked out many more of the bugs... have you heard anything about a 2011 version or Raster Design.. I'm still using 2009 often so that I can use Raster
  • Civil 3D objects are not backward compatible.
  • hi
    it's too much better than the old land desktop
    i think it is more organized
    • You can not compare Civil 3D with Land Desktop for many reasons. Among the few are as follows:
      1. Civil 3D is a BIM. Land Desktop is not.
      2. It is a dynamic system. LD is not.
      3. C3D is an object oriented system. LD is not.
      4. C3D supports .NET API. LD does not.
    • I've heard other people say this (caice users).. but if you are use to finding things in a certain place... they moved so much... it can be hard to get aquainted with
  • Land Surveyor
    anyone else finding massive memory problems with c3D 2010?

I am having crashes with files a quarter of the size 2009 used to handle. Unless there is some sort of fix for it, I might be moving on back until the next service pack comes out.

any solutions to the problem would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Darren
    Noble Consulting Surveyors
This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives