Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

Leica TCR802 data upload

I know this is quite a long shot with some old equipment...Does anyone know how to upload a set of points (.CSV) to a Leica TCR802? I have Leica Geo Office on my laptop but it won’t let me transfer any projects or project data from the laptop to the instrument. I have a serial cable to transfer data – only internal memory on the TCR model.My skills are very limited using Geo Office and any help/tips will be greatly appreciated.Richard

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Leica . Had software called TC Tools that is used for TS transfers for those models. Up and down loads.

I do not know where you could find it . Leica may help.

• Land Surveyor
    Hello,
    I usually open the. Csv file in covadis, then i create a LEICA POINTS file. Then i change the extension of the new file from . Txt to . GSI. Then with the help of the DATA EXCHANGE MANAGER of leica geo office i simply upload the file into the instrument (TCR800). Il take some time and it's done.
  • Land Surveyor

http://surveyequipment.com/assets/index/download/id/212/

try this link. its a pdf. see pages 156-157. I believe this works with the model you have. If not, call g360 (geomatics 360), in Zachary, LA. Ask for Don Biggs. He bleeds green (leica green). He can answer or get the answer for anything leica.

• Land Surveyor

I haven't used a Leica that old, but I remebmber having to buy a special chord to get the TCRP1100 to work with newer computers, because they do not see the serial port like older ones do, or in my case they didn't have one. You generally have to set up the baud rate and a few other settings to make it happen. You can download a copy of leica geo office tools at leica myworld. You can also try to covert it to an ASCII P,N,E,Z,D. You can do that in word. Good luck with it.

http://www.cas.umt.edu/migrated/geosciences/faculty/hendrix/G230/G231(2012)/week7/Leica%20TC307%20data%20transferHow%20TO.pdf

Here is a good tutorial on the Leica Data Transfer utility. Copy and paste the whole link or it won't work.

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives