Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

I got the chance to make excavation quantity using  Aplitop MDT software which is compatible with Auto cad and civil 3D for the same as built data. But both giving different volume 

I like to get expert opinion which is more accurate when taking volume

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For me, this is an open ended question as we are dealing with infinite number of variables here. For this reason, I would always prefer to use the industry standard software (Civil 3D in this case) with proven track record.

• Hi Manoj. I would prefer CIVIL 3D but for accuracy I would suggest that you compare the design volume with the actual excavation volume on site, count the number of trucks or any earth removal machine with known volume and you can actually know the difference - get someone on site to record cartage of materials. I use 12D MODEL for volume calculation but always I compare with the actual excavation volume. I would also compare the Topo-survey plan with the actual ground surface, prior to excavation work.....after extracting the contours .....get to the site with the plan and check if the surveyor has done a good job by picking the actual ground topography .......ie pick every change of grade or change of ground levels.

All the best.

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives