We all run into times when making maps and we need coordinates for exact locations. I came across this nifty tool called the World Coordinate Converter
(catchy huh!)-TWCC, for short.
What is TWCC?
TWCC, "The World Coordinate Converter", is a tool to convert geodetic coordinates in a wide range of reference systems.
Several coordinate conversion tools already exist, however, here is what makes the strength of TWCC:
- This tool is intuitive and easy to use.
- The possibility to add user-defined systems and the use of an interactive map make it flexible.
- No download or special installation is required, you just need to have an Internet connection.
- TWCC is compatible with most environments (Mac, Linux, Windows...). Tested for:
- MS Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
- Mozilla FireFox 3
- Safari 4 and 5
- Opera 10
- Google Chrome 5
- Chromium 4 to 6
- TWCC is completely FREE and licensed under CC BY-NC:
TWCC was created by Clément Ronzon following research and development carried out for GrottoCenter.org.
This Content Originally Published to Land Surveyors United Network
▶ ☇ Reply to this