New Version for AutoCAD 2008 posted!
This AutoCAD 2008 add-on is useful in publishing and viewing your DWG-based data and 3D models within Google Earth™.
• AutoCAD 2008
• AutoCAD Architecture 2008
• AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008
• AutoCAD Map 3D 2008
Extract the downloaded file proper for your version of AutoCAD and then run the setup.exe. All files will be placed in the C:|\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008\ folder.
- AeccDWGToGE.arx - the main AutoCAD run-time extension add-on module
- AeccDWGToGEEnu.dll - the Windows DLL module containing all localizable text strings and dialog boxes used by AeccPublishKml40.arx
- AeccDWGToGE.chm - a help file describing in detail how to use the Publish DWG to Google Earth application
- GoogleEarth.cui - a partial AutoCAD customization file containing a four-button toolbar allowing easy access to the four commands available with this add-on.
- Readme_PublishDwgToGE.rtf - The readme file
I would load the GoogleEarth.cui as a partial CUI as that is what I did and it made things easy and loaded the ARX files.
Command Name & Description
- IMPORTGEIMAGE Brings current Google Earth view into AutoCAD as raster image. Use this command to georeference your DWG model data to correct position on earth’s surface.
- IMPORTGEMESH Brings elevation data in current Google Earth view into AutoCAD as a mesh.
- GETIME Attaches time span information to AutoCAD entities which will be honored by the time tool available in Google Earth.
- PUBLISHKML Exports your 3D DWG model space entities to an external file for use within Google Earth.
There is also the download option for the 2007 based products available as well from Autodesk Labs. The first Publish to Google from AutoCAD 2007 was the very first tool posted last June 2007 when Eric Stover and myself started the Autodesk Labs.
The credit for this excellent extension is Autodesk software developer Thomas Inzinga who has done much of the work and support for this extension in the late hours of the night.