Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

surveyor field books

I'm looking to buy some field books can anyone recommend a quality longevity type book that's going to last the back pocket in the field?

Thanks in Advance
Ritchie MacInnis NSLS

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Hi Kieran,

Glad to here that,As you can tell I was just joking.But some surveyors,because of data collectors have stop using field books as much,even electronic levels store there own notes and notes can be kept on ipads or lap tops or DC,some calculators have note files. Books are always the safest no matter what you use ,keep it up and good to here this.

• Land Surveyor

Hi Ritchie,

I couldn't recommend these anymore. They are amazing and international shipping is amazing.

https://revmarkusa.com/collections/rite-in-the-rain/products/4-5-8-...

Otherwise Markrite make some awesome survey specific field books.

Also, to Billy Brooks i'm a young surveyor in my 20s and use field book religiously ;)

4 5/8" x 7 1/4" All-Weather Soft Cover Field Notebook
    <ul class="a-unordered-list a-vertical a-spacing-none"> <li><span class="a-list-item"><strong>Weatherproof Archival Paper - </strong>repels water, sw…
  • Land Surveyor
    Thanks Mr. Brooks, I'll put my order in Friday.

Kindest Regards,
  •  Hi Ritchie,

Not many young surveyor know what a field book is, lol . I have used these people for years, I even bought my first HP 41 CV from them In the 80's. They use to have the best machetes that were made,hand made from a company call Collins, they were hammer forged steel not stamp out. you can not find that today.  But on to your books . I always like Rite in the Rain books, I guess I have used just about ever brand that you can think of. Rite in the Rain makes a lot of anything to write on for surveyors. I do not know how the company I will give you would serve your area,but may be They do sell more than Survey equipment, but they have a lot of anything a surveyor needs. Any forestry supplies also their people are very helpful to their customers. look at their field books they have plenty different types, I started using their loose leaf because you could remove the pages to be copied easy this would let me also make files copies in file folders and I would scan them to be put on the computer also, This gave me three copies. But you can still do this using a binder but easier with a spiral but even easier with loose leaf. They also have protector covers for these books. But look these over and it may help you to decide even if you get them from some where else.

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/search.asp?csearch=Y&cat=8&am...

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/categories.asp

Home page

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/#

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives