Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Student Surveyor

Good day everyone!

I'm posting again because honestly I do not know what to do. Can anyone lecture and help me on what to do in establishing second order control the situation is in that place the control that are established are also second order?Ā 

What are the things and documents to be prepared? What is the procedure in doing it? Do I need to design a network? if so, how can I do it?

Thanks,

Rose

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Please take advantage of the resources andĀ advice you can get from NAMRIA.Ā  If they offer training you should take advantage of it.

NAMRIA

NAMRIA | The Central Mapping Agency of the Government of the Philippines
  • If I donĀ“t undestand it wrongly...

You are in an area when you have a 2Āŗ Order Geodetic benchmarks, so do you need to use it and extend it?

or

You are in an area when you have a 1st Order Geodetic benchmarks and do you need to create a 2Āŗ Order grid?

The main issue is that you need to know which accuracy you have in the actual benchmarks you can work with... If it comes from your Government, then you should ask for a form from when you get:

Benchmark name

Benchmark Lattitude

Benchmark Long.

Benchmark Ortometric Height

Benchmark X (in the National System you are working with)

Benchmark Y (in the National System you are working with)

Benchmark Factor Scale

Benchmark X,Y Accuracy

Have you got this information?

Depends of the country, you can introduce new benchmarks through classical methodology (Astronomical observation + Geodetical) or GPS.

Depends of the country, you can build the new benchmark and observe, you can build the benchmark and pay for the observation to your National Geodetic Administration or you canĀ“t do anything, only apply and pay.

You should get the National Specifications for benchmarks, for any order, in your country, as well.

• Land Surveyor
    The first among the procedures is to go through your country endorsed specifications manual for establishment of geodetic control point of 1st, 2nd and 3rd order.

Inside the specifications manual you will find out all the procedure and requirements instrumentation inclusive for each order geodetic controls you intend to established.

Of course your established geodetic control point has to be registered and documented by registered Surveyor to appropriate authority in charge of your country registration and documentation of geodetic control points. So carefully look for a safer place to established your geodetic control point for future and permanent used.

Since you intend to established 2nd order geodetic control then you have to transfer controls from geodetic control point higher than 2nd order e.g 1st order/country datum.

Astronomical observation has to been carried out within some specified interval to orient your direction during the course of establishment.

There are rigorous calculations involved to checked for specified tolerance of each order geodetic control point so be prepared to meet up with your country specified tolerance.

That is what I know I could tell you.
This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

šŸŒ Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives