Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Replies

• Land Surveyor

I use free codes but I'm able to be extremely consistet with it so my field to finish still works perfectly. No one from our field crew can do that so I have them using a codelist I loaded into their DCs

• if no one knows how to use codelist just edit the point id with the abbreviated description of the point observe then download the data in csv or any text file and edit the data using excel spreadsheet to correct the column by point id northings eastings code description. after editing you can import points to any software like liscad civil 3d sdrmap etc. be sure that the text format similar to that of pre defined text format of the software. 

• Land Surveyor
    Thank you. I will get a look at that.
  •  ok kevin,

Then check out this discussion you might see some you like. some are Survenator's and some are mine.

http://landsurveyorsunited.com/forum/topics/survey-field-codes?comm...

• Land Surveyor
    Yes.
    I would use MHS for man hole square. KB for kerb and so on.
    With line type and colour built in for post processing.
  • Hi Kevin,

Are you talking about Description codes???.

• Land Surveyor
    Sorry. Yes for topo. I know a few other surveyors that use free code on the go. Others with numbers for their code list and like myself others that like codes from short prefixes.
  •     I'm guessing for topo?

• Survey Legend

Not exactly sure what you are asking here...  code list for what?  please explain

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives