Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Not a Surveyor

Hi,

I am a student in a small surveying course as a local community college

We were given a used Trimble recon II N324 device but no battery charger

I tried searching the Trimble site, but to no avail for any information on the charger.

There are four considerations I need to know

voltage

polarity (is the center post positive or negative)

diameter of center post hole

diameter of external ground shield that forms the outside of the plug

Can anyone help me?

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ā Hi William,

Ā No Thank you for the shout back. Ā I checked my Recon Manual and all the papers with it

and it has none of this information you needed, mine is TDS but they are similar . Ā I have used TDS for many years they are now Spectra but are run by the same people. They became part of Trimble in 2000, I think ? .

So they are a part of Trimble family so is Nikon. I remembered your electrical title so I knew you would not

have no problems on the spec. Glad I could help. With your info you may help others.

• Ā Here is goggle search William,

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=tds+recon+battery+...

tds recon battery charger - Google Search
    • Not a Surveyor

Hi Billy,

thank you for encouraging me to access spectr KB
      Previous to my posting I had actually searched the data base to no avail.

But your encouragement made me try it a second time.

It takes awhile for my old old laptop to generate the entire search
      page. If one is impatient (me) it turns out that I had not waited for the page
      to complete for the first search effort.Hence I used the first search box
      that appeared instead of one that I should have used and was revealed at a later time.

The second time around, I found two incredible articles. One on the rechargable
      batteries and their performance and the second defining the part number of the charger
      I sought.Ā  The Battery information was extraordinary. I gained a very healthy respect
      for Trimble engineers.

BATTERY INFORMATION HERE
      http://mytrimbleprotected.com/knowledge/docushare/retrieve?handle=F...

CHARGER PART NUMBER IDENTIFIED HERE
      http://mytrimbleprotected.com/knowledge/docushare/retrieve?handle=F...

For those who may have been looking for the exact same information I was, here are the
      critical facts:

The battery charger pn:Ā  67101-02-spn

the charger voltage is 5 vdc and provides 1 amp of current
      The Barrel dia is 5.5 mm and the pin hole is 2.5 mm and has a length of 9 mm

The technology is nickel metal hydride.
      requires 12 hours of charging if the battery was drained.

many factors effect the battery life. the article above explains all of them in detail.

Thank you again, Billie

http://mytrimbleprotected.com/knowledge/docushare/retrieve?handle=File-309000
  • Hi William,

I will add this to Mr. Cavell's. You can go to this link on Trimble's site also, TDS is now Spectra.

Trimble has a data base known as Knowledge Center. Ā This is Spectra's link under support.

Ā They are the same company Trimble owns it. You can also contact them on contact us.

Someone will help you and tell you what you need.

http://www.spectraprecision.com/eng/support/knowledge-center.html

• Land Surveyor

Check with the nearest Trimble support/repair department.

JAC

• oops i thought he was looking for a battery not charger, the charger is 5 volt 1 amp center + dont know the dia.

• Not a Surveyor

Hi Bradley,

Thank you for responding.Ā  Do you know the answer because you have an old recon II 324 or because you imagine that the battery charger for the recon II N324 is similar to xxx

• if you find ones for $35 please post the link

• ebay, i like the ones that take AA batteries and theyre about $100

• I believe it's the same as the TDS recon. $35 on Ebay.
This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

šŸŒ Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives