All Discussions Tagged 'surveying' (218)

Discussions Replies Community Feed

One Man Surveying

So......I've been working in this business for a few decades.  I've been a member of a 4 man crew, 3 man crew, most typically a 2 man crew,…

Started by ROB ROSA

50 Jul 4
Reply by CHARLIE B. AYCOCK, III

Topcon system hybrid

How tall is the device set at the 360 degree prism and with the gps antenna on top? The prism height is 11 cm, its center is 5 cm from the…

Started by TOMUS BOGDAN

2 Jun 16
Reply by TOMUS BOGDAN

Nominations open for 40 Outstanding Surveyors Under 40

Nominations are open. The annual "40 Outstanding Geospatial Professionals Under 40" hosted by the international surveying/geomatics publica…

Started by Gavin Schrock

2 Jun 15
Reply by J Keith Maxwell

best software to used in surveying

guys.. what software(s) in the best in land surveying, road traverse, and topographic surveys.. need your comments.. tnx ^_^ 

Started by charlie-jm

42 Apr 27
Reply by ⚡Survenator⌁

Seeking Employment

Help regarding Job

Hi everybody, i am a surveyor from India,currently i am working with company but on temporary base. i am expert in 3D laser scanning.  and…

Started by Sibgatullah ahamd najar

1 Mar 3
Reply by Jaybird

High rise stakeout using GPS ???

Can I do High rise stakeout (ftgs,cols,walls,slabs)using the latest GPS machine (which brand?) and obtain the same accuracy (+/- 5mm)of a T…

Started by Ivan

13 Feb 13
Reply by Michael Sanchez

Survey Field Codes:

Hey guys and gals.  I was thinking about the set of familiar codes used in the field here in the USA to notate features on a jobsite while…

Started by ⚡Survenator⌁

7 Feb 2
Reply by Guille

Throwing the chain

Your question about throwing the chain left handed is amusing. If the chain is "done up" or thrown left handed, it must be "let out" in a r…

Started by Johnny

43 Jan 3
Reply by Marian Eriksson

Is cadastral surveys bounds with culture and ethics of particular country?

As I have noticed for years of cadastral surveys, Defining boundaries will have their figures ie: most of people prefer figures without tri…

Started by Lalith Senanayake

1 Nov 28, 2017
Reply by ⚡Survenator⌁

SURVEYORS GETTING SMALL SALARY RATES NOWADAYS

Can someone please help me understand and site reasons why surveyors nowadays are getting low salary rates these days?

Started by Edward Anthony Pardillo

16 Oct 23, 2017
Reply by Peter Heath

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

Surveyor Community Hubs For World Regions

Surveying Hubs For US States

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Photos by Tag

Surveying Videos by Tag

+LandSurveyorsUnitedon Google+

Survey Earth in a Day 7

© 2018   © Created by Land Surveyors United   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact LSU  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service