Surveying Best Practices (162)

Discussions Replies Community Feed

Transformation and Projection

Hello, I am a Civil Engineer with limited survey experience and have been reviewing Transformation and Projection concepts. I noticed the…

Started by Chuck Turlington

10 Aug 23, 2017
Reply by Chuck Turlington

Help Me Out with this Occupational Survey

Hey fellow Surveyors, I am here to help with Land Surveyor Exam Preparations.   If you'd like to help me better serve you, Please take this…

Started by Michael LaFontaine

0 Aug 22, 2017

Canal Cross Sections excavation volume calculation weekly

Dear All,                 I am working on canal project,all of cross sections i prepared in auto cad,every week i have to take elevations…

Started by Muhammad Junaid

4 Jul 27, 2017
Reply by rahadi jumali

How to combine GNSS RTK survey data & Total Station data into one topo survey

We have been using RTK survey solutions and Total Station survey separately on topos but now wish to combine the two techniques into the sa…

Started by Ian harvey

15 Jul 7, 2017
Reply by Ian harvey

How do you measure your heights?

So my crew is in a heated debate on the correct way to measure heights to a prism on a tripod. Since there are so many techniques I was won…

Started by Matthew William Newsome

15 Jun 16, 2017
Reply by Dave Drahn

FREE Trigonometry Course (For New Students or Review)

Friends and Fellow Surveyors, I'm getting ready to teach some classes for a company who has employees in different locations. To do this,…

Started by J Keith Maxwell

0 Jun 13, 2017

FAA Survey Accuracy Standards

I got this from the FAA Website and wanted to share it with the LSU community. Keith   FAA Survey Accuracy Standards Experience…

Started by J Keith Maxwell

1 May 31, 2017
Reply by ⚡Survenator⌁

Lath Corrections

How does everyone make corrections their lath markings when out in the field? Currently we're using a pocket knife to scrape off mistakes/o…

Started by Jon

27 May 4, 2017
Reply by Travis Jones

Co-Rotation

Hello members I had some topo Data and i want to rotate to real coordinate,anyone can help me for this work excel or any program helps to t…

Started by fikadu tazeze

17 Apr 29, 2017
Reply by Viktor Morjakov

casio 9860 survey programs

hello..i would like to ask for your help..i need survey programs for casio 9860 gii sd.i hope those of you who have could share their prog…

Started by janus orana

2 Apr 19, 2017
Reply by Azharuddin Saiyed

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

BMC logoSupport Us! +LandSurveyorsUnitedon Google+

Next Generation Land Surveyor Community Where Every Day is a Surveying Conference

Surveyor Birthdays

Surveyor Birthdays Today

Surveyor Birthdays Tomorrow

© 2018   © Created by Land Surveyors United   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact LSU  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service