Surveying Best Practices (161)

Discussions Replies Community Feed

In Traverse Calculation which Rule is used mostly? Bowditch Rule or Transit Rule?

In Traverse Calculation which Rule is used mostly for corrections? Bowditch Rule or Transit Rule? I mostly prefer Bowditch Rule what you wi…

Started by Soumen Samanta

3 Dec 6, 2017
Reply by Soumen Samanta

Is cadastral surveys bounds with culture and ethics of particular country?

As I have noticed for years of cadastral surveys, Defining boundaries will have their figures ie: most of people prefer figures without tri…

Started by Lalith Senanayake

1 Nov 28, 2017
Reply by ⚡Survenator⌁

Traverse and "measure rounds"

I had a fun and interesting practice job last week - setting offset staking for grubbing and rough grading of 700' of driveway heading down…

Started by Dave Drahn

7 Nov 27, 2017
Reply by Timothy Driscoll

Grid Factor,Elevation Factor, Scale Factor of Topcon Total Station

Hi guys,  These days I am using Top-con Total Station. That top-con software has some thing called " Grid Factor". I am using SLD 99 Sri L…

Started by Chamara Prasanna

1 Nov 27, 2017
Reply by Subhas Halder

Grid VS Ground

Hello, I'm pretty new to this website and I'm sure this discussion has come up more then once before so I apologize in advance. I've been…

Started by Nicolas

4 Nov 22, 2017
Reply by Kathleen (Kate) Burnham-Evans

inconsistent RTK elevations

Does anybody have advise to a way to weed through inconsistent shots? Our field crew goes out on Monday, shoots elevations on control stati…

Started by DANIEL MCCARTHY

23 Nov 11, 2017
Reply by Cory Barnhart

Sun,Star Shots, Astronomic azimuth, hour angle method observation

Hi Everyone, For those of you have never done this,you do not know what you are missing.  I think every surveyor needs to do this ,if it is…

Started by Billy Brooks

28 Oct 15, 2017
Reply by Billy Brooks

Best Practice - Accuracy Checks for GPS Survey

Hi All I need to pick up some survey points using a Trimble Geo7X GPS Rover, and want to know what would be best practice to confirm/demon…

Started by Jon Buddz

3 Aug 30, 2017
Reply by Jon Buddz

Control Points for modern survey techniques

It appears time to come we may not establish fixed controls to do surveys. Up to you to discuss how we confirm and show the data for legal…

Started by Lalith Senanayake

0 Aug 24, 2017

Transformation and Projection

Hello, I am a Civil Engineer with limited survey experience and have been reviewing Transformation and Projection concepts. I noticed the…

Started by Chuck Turlington

10 Aug 23, 2017
Reply by Chuck Turlington

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

BMC logoSupport Us! +LandSurveyorsUnitedon Google+

Next Generation Land Surveyor Community Where Every Day is a Surveying Conference

Surveyor Birthdays

© 2018   © Created by Land Surveyors United   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact LSU  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service